Cooking Classes

1.6.15

A Drive in the Country - Grasslands National Park

On top of 70 Mile Butte. This is more than an historical landmark to anyone who makes the journey.










The evening primrose has a heavenly scent.

This is an authentic dinosaur bone that lays exposed and untouched. Why? That's what I love about Canada. Respect.

Solitude.

Quicksand is just as we have learned. No way I would step beyond that sign. No way.



The East Block is so very different from the West Block. No buffalo. No prairie dogs.



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous ..peaceful..I would never go near quicksand either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quick sand was everything I had ever thought it would be. It was not only this little spot but it continued up the valley like a dry-ish river. All marked. But imagine if you were coming out in a wagon back in the early 1800's. How would you know? The more I learn the more I respect all those brave souls who came west. I have no idea why they risked everything to come into this God forsaken part of the country.

      Delete
  2. Spectacular. Imagine negotiating that with a wagon, cattle and kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. Amazing that it really doesn't look any different than what the pioneers would have seen.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.