Cooking Classes

25.10.11

Making Your Own Crackers and Crisps

We had lots of fun tonight working with dough and making some savoury crackers and crisps.  These are the bread sticks we made with the lavash dough from Peter Reinhart's book "The Bread Bakers Apprentice".

 This will become Spicy Blue Cornmeal Crackers.  Making these takes a bit of practice.  Sometimes they might be too crispy, or too soft, too floury or too thick.  With practice, you develop the 'touch' to make some nice delicate crackers.  But, don't be discouraged.  It does take practice.

I wish I had thought to take more pictures.  We had flour from head to toe!  These will be onion and poppy seed crackers.  They are one of my favourites.  The recipe makes a big batch so you have to be prepared to spend a bit of time.  But the results will be worth it.

3 comments:

  1. I love those, Sarah. Great for the coming holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much more fun making crackers than buying them... so much tastier too... looks like alot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all!! I'm sure they are much better than store bought!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.