Cooking Classes

1.6.11

Swift Current Farmer's Market...here I come!

Only 3 more sleeps until my debut at the local Farmer's Market.  I have been making all the preparations that I can think of...got a cash float, price list sign, posters advertising my cooking classes, my nice black apron, tablecloth, shopping bags with my logo handpainted on, and...oh yes, cooking!

Of course the food items will change each week.  This week I plan to have my No-Knead Rustic Bread, Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Buns, Cape Breton style oatcakes, my granola and granola bars, homemade marshmallows and homemade graham crackers with 70% cacao chocolate for some fancy dancy S'Mores, fresh rhubarb muffins and, I almost forgot, Hummingbird Layer Cake and Oatmeal Haskap Squares.  The layer cake and squares will be sold by the piece.  Until people taste my food I doubt they will commit to buying an entire cake.


Also, I will have tasting.  So you can take a little taste before you buy.  Makes sense to me! 


  I will post more pictures after the market.

12 comments:

  1. How exciting! Best wishes. I am sure this will bring even more interest into your cooking classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you Sarah!!! Your foods look amazing, I have no doubt that you'll sell out of everything SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck looking forward to seeing more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You've been busy and everything looks wonderful. Good luck Sarah! With all of this, you can't lose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an exciting adventure! Good luck, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea Sarah, I know the girls I work with seem to do really well at the farmer's market in Regina, and I know you will too!!

    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah...all the best in your new venture :) and we know you will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What? The Farmer's Market starts in only 3 more sleeps? I'm so excited! The best time of the year to be sure. I am thinking it is at the Wheatland Mall still? Not a whole bunch of room left there.

    OK... I'm totally coming! Yummy!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. Is that multi-grain bread in your first photo? The No-Knead Bread? I think I will be first in line at your table!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be the first one buying that fabulous bread in the first photo! It looks gorgeous!
    Good luck to you and looking forward to seeing more recipes and more nice shots!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so good, Sarah. I can't wait to hear about the first day... I know you will be a hit.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.