Cooking Classes

26.8.10

Peach Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting for Fresh Friday

This is my entry this week for Fresh Friday with La Bella Vita.  Peaches are in season and I rarely take the time to make something with them.  I usually just eat them out of hand.  I made this for another birthday at the office!  I am taking these peach cupcakes and some chocolate cupcakes with a chocolate glaze.  I have posted the recipe for cream cheese frosting here.  The fresh peach cupcakes were a huge hit.  My chocolate cupcakes were so-so.

Peach Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Makes 18 mini cupcakes

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp  baking powder
1/2 tsp  ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1-1/4 cups  granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp grated orange zest
3/4 cup milk
2 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced and cut into thirds

1. In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.

2. In a large bowl, using an stand mixer, beat together sugar and butter until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and orange zest, beating well. Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until smooth. Fold in peaches or nectarines.

3. Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated over for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown and tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched.

Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.

17 comments:

  1. Those look so yummy!

    I am a new follower from the blog hop, hope you can stop by and visit my blog!

    http://shining2save.com

    Have a great day!

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw you have been busy baking..they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, the peach cupcakes sound delicious! There are lots of peaches here in Korea now. I might give it a go!
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my Baked Alaska. I missed you at the forum. See you in September?? Hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the peach cupcakes would be the star!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have peaches ripening on the counter right now. I may have to make up a batch of these. They look spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum...peaches are wonderful right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they look very yummy! Very good! see you soon, M

    ReplyDelete
  8. How I love peaches.. and in cupcakes??? yowza!!! Visit the blog... it has you and cherry shrub in it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love anything with fresh peaches- these sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I worked at your office!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so many comments! I love it!

    Shining 2 Save> I'll be there! Thx for visiting!

    Hungry> baking is good therapy :)

    Renata> definitely see you in September

    Valli> it was a slam dunk!

    Bonnie> Do! That is all I cans say. Everyone loved them.

    Kate> best time!

    Martina> thank you!

    Deana> thank you.. I will be over.

    Michelle> double thank you.

    henfruit> they are yummy, even as leftovers.

    Pam> me, too. Then someone else might bring something good to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummmmmmm Thank you for sharing you awesome recipes! I am a new follower from la bella vita's Fresh clean and pure Friday blog link! I look forward to more wonderful recipes.

    Stop by and say hello
    Jamie
    http://wwwbungelowjame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really want to make these... clarifying question.

    The title says mini cupcakes, but the photo and baking time seem like 2.5 in cupcakes. Are these to be baked in those mini muffin tins?
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jamie> thanks for stopping in. I'll come over for a visit t your blog, too.

    Deana> sorry, I didn't catch that. I wanted minis but didn't adjust the cooking time. I can't remember exactly the cooking time, probably about 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have been flooded with peaches and nectarines and I still have not doen anything with them, short of eating them as is; thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. let's be honest for a second--you can slather cream cheese frosting on just about anything and make it automatically delicious. even so, i'm sure your peachy delights didn't need much help in that arena. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.