Cooking Classes

29.8.10

Green Olives Sevilla Style

I have always loved olives.  But I have found that most people on the prairies don't really like them as much as I do.  I served these to a friend who hated olives but she did consent to give these a try.  She is now a convert.  This recipe is from Tapas - the Little Dishes of Spain by Penelope Casas.

Green Olives Sevilla Style


7 oz. jar of large green Spanish olives
½ t.            cumin
½ t.            oregano
¼ t.            crushed rosemary
½ t.            thyme
2                bay leaves
½ t.            fennel seed
2                cloves garlic, lightly crushed and peeled
4 T.            vinegar
4                anchovy fillets

Place the olives in a  glass jar in which they just fit.  Add all the other ingredients, then fill the jar with water.  Shake well and marinate at room temperature for several days.  They will keep for weeks in the refrigerator, but do bring them to room temperature before serving.

Note:  I use the jar the olives came in.  I just drain and put them back in and add the marinade.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not an olive lover but my hubby is. I'll have to make these & give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the herbs you used, Sarah. What a marvelous recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Green olives are such a weakness for both my husband and myself! I always have them on hand and chop them up in salads. I'll have to make this with the added herbs! Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum I just love olives....they are a staple for all my entertaining....I will definitely be giving these a try!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love olives too! So much so that I have to limit my intake (the salt!)! but we are lucky here, everybody loves them and they are the first thing one gets at a restaurant; that's how I judge a restaurant too.
    Love these olives and the spices; will need to try this soon, it is a nice change from the basic cured olives in oil we get every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a fan of olives, either, but the rest of my family sure is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic recipe. Love all the distinct flavors at play here.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.