Cooking Classes

19.7.10

Oh, Sweet Pea, Won't You Be My Girl


Sweet Pea          by  Tommy Roe
Oh, Sweet Pea
Come on and dance with me
Come on, come on, come on and dance with me
Oh, Sweet Pea
Won't you be my girl
Won't you, won't you, won't you be my girl

I went to a dance just the other night
I saw a girl there she was out of sight
I asked a friend of mine who she could be
He said that her friends just call her Sweet Pea

Oh, Sweet Pea
Come on and dance with me
Come on, come on, come on and dance with me
Oh, Sweet Pea
Won't you be my girl
Won't you, won't you, won't you be my girl

I was a teenager when this song was a hit.  I have sweet peas in my garden for the first time in many, many years.  I just love them!  They brought this song to mind.  Click here to listen to it.

8 comments:

  1. Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all day...LOL

    Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so pretty and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cry every time I see these little things - they are so incredibly perfectly beautiful to look at and to smell. Gorgeous pics too Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm singing along and oh-so-jealous! It is too hot here for sweet peas, they last a couple of weeks at best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Sweet Peas are beautiful - thanks for sharing your fabulous photos & song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos and I had forgotten all about that song. This just made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sweet peas... they have the best scent... so, well, sweet! Gorgeous photos, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment! Please visit often.